Situated in western Los Angeles, Venice is most famously known for its promenade along Ocean Front Walk that has long been home to street performers, a multitude of artists, and merchants since the early 1900s. Also known for its beautiful canals and beaches, this seaside community is now a thriving residential, commercial, and recreational community. While once just a circus-like venue, Venice is now home to residents from all walks of life. This coastal cultural hub is also very conducive to residents’ outdoor lifestyle. From the infamous Muscle Beach, to surfing the Breakwater, and biking or rollerblading the bike paths, Venice does not disappoint when it comes to activities for residents.
Living in Venice
Living in Venice is a vibrant and enjoyable experience. This beachfront town is as eclectic as they come. With a wide variety of architecture, home styles range from turn of the century Craftsman, early 1920s Bungalows, to modern estates and studio-style lofts. Many neighborhoods populate the community and even form micro communities among themselves. Where creativity flourishes, artists and craftsmen bloom. Local talent is the economic focus of the community. You’ll also find a wealth of exceptional recreation, shopping and dining, and cultural events throughout the community.
Venice Real Estate
Venice real estate has something for everyone. With a vast assortment of differing styles, anyone can find their dream home in this community. Local school systems can be a top priority to those families looking to buy in an area. The following list outlines the local schools:
- Venice High School—located just a few miles from the ocean on Venice Boulevard, was originally established a polytechnic campus. It now touts graduates who have received recognitions such as National Merit Scholar, AP Scholars, and national honors in journalism from the National Scholastic Press Association.
- Westminster Avenue Elementary School—this primary school has a huge arts program that immerses children in the visual arts, but also dance, theatre, and music. This program allows talents in every child to be explored and then developed through creativity.
- Venice Lutheran School—located on Venice Boulevard, this parochial private school is dedicated to balancing not only high academic standards and cultural and artistic submersion, but does so in a Christian environment.
- St. Mark School—this private school offers education for grades kindergarten through eighth. Located on Coeur D’Alene Avenue, they serve the community of St. Mark. Their focus is to “care for self; care for others; care for the environment”, and that is apparent in their academic and extracurricular endeavors.
- Broadway Elementary School—if you’re looking for immersion programs for your children, this is the school. With both Mandarin and Spanish programs, focus on education and dual languages is their top priority.
Search Venice Homes for Sale
If you’re interesting in knowing more about what this area has to offer for you and your family, give Steve Geller a call. Search Venice homes for sale and check out the other resources on the website. When you’re ready to find your dream home, Steve can walk you through the process every step of the way. His knowledge and expertise of the Los Angeles market will help make home buying easy. Give him a call today. He looks forward to working with you!
[idxbroker widgetid=”9422-17840″ title=”Venice Homes”]