Fine dining, healthy eating, convenient meal stops—each of these is of comparable importance when assessing the restaurant culture of a given community. In this regard, Brentwood, CA does not fall short by any measure. Whether seeking sophisticated menu offerings, a pleasant dining environment, or a nutritious luncheon hole, one is never far from several options of each when residing in, working near, or simply visiting Brentwood.
Variety is also never in short supply, as a broad spectrum of food genres and styles exist in and around the Brentwood-Los Angeles area. The list of top 10 places to eat in Brentwood below provides a mere snapshot (not ranked by quality) of first-rate options in the area.
1. Cap’s Oak Street Bar & Grill—Top marks for light atmosphere and friendly service, Cap’s also features delicious and locally celebrated menu items. Ideal for quick midday meals and larger family gatherings, Cap’s Oak Street Bar & Grill enjoys a strong and well-deserved reputation within the Brentwood community.
2. Dino’s Sandwich Shop—Quality food deliciously prepared and sold at a reasonable price: that much every diner can expect from the beloved Dino’s. Though on the more casual end of the spectrum, it is difficult to overstate the appeal of simplicity and taste, particularly when the two converge on a relatively inexpensive sandwich in the beautiful suburb of Brentwood. Enjoy every bite.
3. Smokehouse BBQ Pit—Yes, a barbecue house makes the cut and is welcomed onto the list of top 10 places in Brentwood. The reason is simple—first-rate flavor and a genuine culture. Placing quality above all else, the Smokehouse BBQ Pit promises authenticity (that most scarce of virtues) in every meal experience. Patrons are treated to a delicious racks and briskets on par with the best barbecue in the nation. Finding such a meal at all is noteworthy in and of itself; finding it in Brentwood, CA is simply paramount.
4. Barney’s Gourmet Hamburgers—A list of this sort is hardly complete without at least one burger joint in the lineup. Now, the fact that Barney’s is an award-winning fixture within the California restaurant community certainly contributes to its being listed. But Barney’s presence and continued place in the Brentwood, CA suburb suggests its reputation is deserved, its ingredients top-notch, and its menu offerings a welcome addition to the area. Burgers are a staple of the American culinary experience, a fact as true in Southern California as anywhere else.
5. Le Pain Quotidien—As essential to American dining experience as burgers may be, a quality bakery has been the cornerstone of every community in nearly all of recorded history. Le Pain Quotidien does not disappoint in this regard, as its expertly-crafted breads and sweets have been pleasing Brentwood residents and visitors for years. Yet another food-oriented reason to consider life in the Brentwood area. After all, if the area is good enough for Le Pain Quotidien…well, you know the rest.
6. Divino—Well, now, how much further down the list could be venture before making mention of a delicious Italian restaurant? Divino is anything but ordinary cuisine, Italian or otherwise. With an enormous and instantly recognizable emphasis upon classiness, elegance, and authentic Italian dining experience, Divino is a veritable culinary touchstone in the Brentwood, CA community. One feels dignified in simply reading the restaurant’s expertly-conceptualized menu. Imagine the meals themselves.
7. Pecorino—Another Italian establishment? Yes, and rightly so, for Pecorino is nearly without it equal in terms of high class dining. A bit on the pricier side of this list of top 10 places to eat in Brentwood, Pecorino is best saved for those special occasions which warrant both brilliant cuisine and impeccable class. Need to make a good impression with a date, a lover, or a spouse? Allow the magnificence of Pecorino to augment your efforts.
8. Katsuya—Moving a bit East of the previous entries, Katsuya is a case study in superb Japanese dining. Lighter fare dominates much of the menu, but between the high quality ingredients and nourishing dishes of which they are a part, you are certain to leave each visit feeling both satisfied and a bit lighter on your feet than usual.
9. Coral Tree Café—Taste, convenience, quality, and reasonable prices, Coral Tree Café is an ideal lunch spot for working professionals, passers through looking at homes for sale in Beverlywood, and families in need of a break from the home routine. Sandwiches, salads, and snacks to please even the most selective of palates.
10. Caffe Luxxe—Meet your caffeine quota in the most sophisticated of coffeehouses. Whether in need of an early morning jolt or looking to enjoy a flavorful decaffeinated brew in the evening hours, Caffe Luxxe is not capable of disappointing. Savor each sip.
Options of similar quality to these listed abound in the Brentwood, CA area and in nearby Beverlywood. Frequent your favorites and work the rest into a solid rotation; your culinary life will benefit greatly from so wide a range of excellent dining options. You needn’t be a so-called “foodie” to appreciate a wide array of top-notch meal hubs; you only need a marginally developed palate and the willingness to venture out for the occasional meal.
Want to learn more? Connect with Steve Geller today to get the dish on more of Brentwood’s hottest places to dine.